Started by adding some water color blends. Added the character with water color and colored pencil. Detailed it with water color and more colored pencil.
Did the first layer with tea, water color and water color pencils. I then added the details with Colored pencil and ink pens.
I did this weeks Freestyle Friday, I experimented with a scratch art project. I had my program try this one out. First I layered the crayon on thick. Then painted over the whole thing with Tempra Paint. Last I scratched in the design. This could still use some work. I may switch the Tempra with Acrylic.
This week I took more time detailing and designing the initial sketch. I did 2 sketching sessions of building and blending. I then splashed on some water colors randomly blending them together. I let that dry and then I filled in some of the shapes to fill it out. Finally, I went in with an ink pen and detailed the main figure.
This week I sketched out some ideas I had for a create and destroy wall. This piece is focused on create. I unified the letters for create with the background and vise versa. I used water colors and water colorpencils for the next step. To finish it off I tightened it up with ink pens and colored pencil
This weeks Freestyle Friday is just the way that I work out concepts and letter styles.
I work out a lot of designs and structures at the wall on site. But working out some of the ideas
and treatments before hand lets me get a clearer picture and also gives me something to show the people I am workinhg with. Each design or effect could be for one letter, a whole piece or whole background.
I started this sketch a couple weeks ago but with the Jersey Fresh Graffiti Jam coming up I let it sit. Started out wit some mechanical drawings in colored pencil. Added some water color filling in areas, but also blending, and splashing.
Added a skull with ball point pen as the main image tried to keep it translucent. Finished it with some shading with water color and colored pencil.
Started out with a small sized deco paint marker. I tried to be as clean as possible and make things still line up properly.
Finished off with water color and colored pencil.
Since last week I rocked the background first and then built the layers on top. So this week I did the reverse. I free styled the outline starting with the word flow and working out. I added a couple layers to the sketch below. Then I finished it off with some watercolor.
So I needed to do a new UV piece for the https://www.leonrainbow.com/shows/2010/bangkok-blacklight-at-smile-gallery-in-philly/ so I took some larger paper. I decided to use the piece with the coffee stains..to see if I could rock over it. Took it in the backyard because I new I was gonna be a bit messy for the first few layers. Added a few messy layers with UV paint and water. Then added some mists and tags with fluorescent spray paint. Took it in the house and added some watercolor and colored pencil.