Started it off with a pen sketch. I Started with the Numbers 50 then added the top hat and cent mark. Worked on the face and skull together. It turned into a face/skull combo. Filled in main character with greens. Blended the background together with yellows, red, and orange for contrast. Finally I added all those red/orange patters in background.
This week’s first I sketched this out with ink pens, creating one character with circles. Then I run everything off of this.
Next I added some more color with water color. The last part I blocked out some areas with gouache and added some more ink.
This week I started with a line drawing in ink. Then I added layers of Colored Pencil, Watercolor, Inks, Gouache. On a separate paper I drew a character and some swirly accents in pen and ink and shaded them with colored pencil. Last I took a box cutter and cut out the elements and glued them into the original piece..Ta Da!
This week I had an idea for my new signature character, so I said to myself my first attempt should be for this week’s Freestyle Friday. I started out doing washes and tags. I kept the basic shape in mind but I wanted a bunch of colors blended together. Then I sketched in the character and added designs with colored pencil and ink pens. Next, I took some white acrylic paint and “painted out” the background and areas I wanted to be white, 2 coats. Then I went back in with colored pencil, ink pens and water color to finish the designs. A “Rain Drop” was born!
This week I had the basic sketch when I went to see my friend Anne to talk about re-painting her garage door. I wound up using the basic layout for the mural at the bottom of the page.
I wanted to have a female character in this one. Everything is rocked off the dome..
This week I was working hard on some projects and I was unable to get the freestyle friday out on time. This week I wanted to introduce some cut paper. I wanted to ease into it so I only added one element. Started Out with some washes and splatters. Next I worked the background designs and tightened them up. Cut out the tree from the purple wash paper, glued and outlined it..finito!
This week was a lil bit hectic. But I managed to finish this peice. Washe, Gouche and brush pens.
Sorry Once Again I only have the finished piece but I have the sketches and will be updating them this week. I started this piece off with some washes then the sketch a lil bit of earl grey for color. More Watercolor with acrylic highlights. Ink pen outlines. The black and white designs are acrylic, too and a lot of the rich solid colors are gouche.
This week I only have the finished pic..left my camera in New Brunswick..So with this piece I wanted to include some of the graffiti feel of the local highways and train lines. The word dirty popped into my head and it could relate to some parts of our city/state but the connection was unintentional..but once the idea came thru I added the dirt piles in to accentuate it.