This Week I rocked some ballpoint! First I roughed in some areas with a character. I was focused on extending the eyes. I took some time to really detail with the ballpoint. Then I went in and finished it with water colors.
This week I decided to revisit a piece I did in ’99 called “Vandalism In Progress”, The concept was to catch the motion of a tag in one piece, In a Cubist sort of way. I sketch the different hand poses out, over laying them on top of each other. Then I filled in with Water Color. Added highlights and outlines with Gouache. Went back in with some colored pencil to finish them off.
Got my oil changed yesterday at STS when I was waiting I looked through the Magazines and saw a picture of a stone statue in the middle of a rain forest. As soon as I saw it I grabbed a sharpie and started a quick sketch. When I got home I cleaned up the sketch and added some water color and colored pencil work to it.
This is a quick piece I did using spray paint and acrylic some paints react differently with different markers. I had the black and white canvases for a while and did the black and silver background. I decided that I wanted the background more colorful and the letters to be simpler and more subdued. I took the pieces outside and gave them a few squirts of paint. I let it dry overnight Then rocked the piece with paint markers.
A few weeks ago I went to panera bread to get some take out. when I left they gave me this bag that has a baguette pattern printed on it. I knew at that moment I had to paint it! I first tried some water color, which really didn’t change the color the way I had hoped. So I got out the acrylics. using the pattern I filled in all the sections letting some areas show thru. Next I did a quick sketch of a character in black. I made sure when I painted it to follow the pattern but change the color and shade.
I did this weeks Freestyle Friday, I experimented with a scratch art project. I had my program try this one out. First I layered the crayon on thick. Then painted over the whole thing with Tempra Paint. Last I scratched in the design. This could still use some work. I may switch the Tempra with Acrylic.