This week I had the basic sketch when I went to see my friend Anne to talk about re-painting her garage door. I wound up using the basic layout for the mural at the bottom of the page.
I originally painted the piece on the bottom based on a Spanish landscape painting for my friend Anne in 2003. She had problems with kids running through her alley and tagging her garage door. The piece ran for many years without any issues until about 6 months ago someone tagged some obscenities over it. So, Anne asked me to come repaint it I showed her some of the recent sketches I have been doing and she told me to run with it. The Layout is based on the freestyle friday week #15.
I wanted to have a female character in this one. Everything is rocked off the dome..
This week I was working hard on some projects and I was unable to get the freestyle friday out on time. This week I wanted to introduce some cut paper. I wanted to ease into it so I only added one element. Started Out with some washes and splatters. Next I worked the background designs and tightened them up. Cut out the tree from the purple wash paper, glued and outlined it..finito!
This week was a lil bit hectic. But I managed to finish this peice. Washe, Gouche and brush pens.
Sorry Once Again I only have the finished piece but I have the sketches and will be updating them this week. I started this piece off with some washes then the sketch a lil bit of earl grey for color. More Watercolor with acrylic highlights. Ink pen outlines. The black and white designs are acrylic, too and a lot of the rich solid colors are gouche.
This week I only have the finished pic..left my camera in New Brunswick..So with this piece I wanted to include some of the graffiti feel of the local highways and train lines. The word dirty popped into my head and it could relate to some parts of our city/state but the connection was unintentional..but once the idea came thru I added the dirt piles in to accentuate it.
This week I started with the idea of a bird, a raven. So I started to design the piece around the bird adding ovals and lines, then a telephone pole. Next I added the finishing lines and detailed areas.
This week I got a late start so I didn’t get pictures until the last part of the piece. I wanted to continue with the triangular style I have been working with. So I rocked the first object that came to mind, that is where the hydrant came in. I then added some circles and worked in the “R”. The one circle near the “R” worked into an eye. I worked everything else around these elements.